Jack's Premium freeze-dried treats are not only tasty, nutritionally dense for all pets. They are free of antibiotics, additives, grains, gluten and hormones. The freeze-drying process is a unique process that locks and seals in the fresh raw flavors and all the nutritional values.
- High-value: Mussels are considered a super food due to their nutritional composition. This helps keep your dog focused and excited about treat time! High-value treats are great for training, recall, and more!
- Single Ingredient: 100% Blue Mussel. No Grain, No Glycerin, No Preservatives
- Just Good Stuff: Our first ingredient is our only ingredient. Freeze Drying allows for a tasty treat that is free of salt, sugars, fillers, chemicals, and preservatives.
- Don't Leave Meowt: Great treat for cats too!
Benefits of Mussels
- Omega-3 Fatty Acids boost healthy oils in your dog's coat to maintain healthy skin and coat and reduces inflammation in his or her joints to keep smooth moving joints.
- Increases Blood Flow Fatty acids help release nitric oxide into your body dilating your blood vessels.
- Healthy Cell Production During the digestion of the oils by aid of enzymes and bile in the digestive system, the body can break the fatty acids and utilize them for the reproduction of cells.
- High Protein Dogs need protein for growth, healing and metabolic processes, and is arguably the most important nutrient for dogs.
- Highly Digestible Salmon is one of those ingredients that is very easy for dogs to break down, digest, and absorb nutrients.
- EPA and DHA Fatty Acid Chains have been shown to improve cognitive function, especially in association with conditions like Alzheimer's and depression. These fatty acids are also involved in maintaining general cardiovascular function and are also important for proper fetal development, including neuronal, retinal, and immune function.
- & More Contains potassium, selenium, Vitamin B12, Niacin, Vitamin B6, Pantothenic acid, Riboflavin, Thiamin, & Folic acid
100% Blue Mussel
Frequently Asked Questions
Can cats eat mussels?
Cats are carnivores that rely heavily on meat-based protein for sustenance. Animal-based proteins provide essential amino acids that the cat needs, along with animal proteins, fats, and minimal carbohydrates. This diet helps give them plenty of energy without causing weight gain. Mussels are well-known for their nutritional richness, offering an abundance of protein, omega-3 fatty acids, vitamins B12 and C, and essential minerals like iron, selenium, and manganese. All these ingredients can be quite beneficial to a cat.
Are mussels good for dogs?
Yes! Mussels are an excellent source of protein, omega-3 fatty acids, and essential minerals like zinc, iron, and manganese. Protein helps your pet maintain healthy muscles while omega-3 fatty acids help reduce inflammation and maintain cognitive function.
Green Lipped Mussels Vs Blue Mussels?
Both types of mussels are packed with nutrients and offer a number of health benefits. So, which type of mussel is better? Green mussels are a good source of protein, vitamins, and minerals. They are also low in calories and fat. Blue mussels are a good source of protein, vitamins, and minerals. However, blue mussels contain more omega-3 fatty acids than green mussels. Omega-3 fatty acids are beneficial for heart health and cognitive function. They can also help to reduce inflammation. Therefore, blue mussels may be the better choice if you are looking for a seafood option that offers the most health benefits.
How Many Mussels Can A Dog Have?
It is safe to feed your dog and/or cat 2 mussels/day per 10 pounds of body weight as an addition to their regular diet.