Antlers are sorted by weight, rather than length. The cut edges are beveled for a smoother finish. Royal brown antlers are a premium quality antler hand selected for its rich brown coloration and freshness. This is a grade A antler which has been split lengthwise to expose the marrow. Good for customers looking for a very long lasting chew. Split antlers aren't as durable as whole antlers and may splinter if offered to an extremely powerful dog. Deer antlers are much harder and denser compared to elk antlers. Pick the right sized antler depending on the chewing strength of the dog (i.e. a large German shepherd should not be given a small antler, they should be given a large antler).
Benefits of Deer Antlers for Dogs
- Deer antlers are less likely to splinter or chip than bones.
- No preservatives, additives, or artificial ingredients, so what you see is what you get.
- Antlers are full of nutrients like calcium and phosphorus as well, so your pup is getting some extra minerals to help promote stronger bones and teeth.
- Scrape away plaque buildup, improving your pup’s dental hygiene and tooth strength
- Natural stress reliever, chewing is a healthy activity for dogs entirely on their own. Best to provide your dog with something that benefits him when he’s chewing rather than something valuable of yours like furniture!
- Mess-free: no odors, no sticky residues, no stuffing ripped out, etc.
Chew Time: This antler is likely to withstand weeks to months before it needs to be replaced.
Small Split; 3-3.6 ounces
Medium Split and Whole: 4-6 ounces
Large Split: 7-8.5 ounces
Please note: Antlers are extremely dense and hard - we do not recommend them for dogs with underlying dental problems. Size and shape will vary.